The Robert Maher Memorial Scholarship Award
Citizens for Nuclear Technology Awareness (CNTA) is pleased to announce that Mr. Matthew Correnti is the winner of the 2012 Robert Maher Memorial Scholarship award.
Mr. Correnti is a student at Furman University in Greenville SC. He will receive a $5,000 check to help finance his continuing education.
The recipient was recognized at the annual Edward Teller Lecture/Banquet.
CNTA wishes Mr. Correnti much luck in his future endeavors.
The award is made possible by Savannah River Remediation (SRR), the liquid waste contractor at the Savannah River Site (SRS). SRR sponsors the scholarship to honor the memory of Robert Maher, a tireless and able manager who served the SRS for 48 years prior to his death Sept. 14, 2002.
To be eligible for the Robert Maher Memorial Scholarship, candidates must meet the following criteria:
- Candidate must be a U.S. Citizen;
- Candidate must be enrolled as a junior or senior in a university or college within South Carolina or Georgia;
- Candidate must have at least a "B" average overall grade and a "B" average in science/engineering and mathematics, as a minimum, for college level course work; and
- Candidate must be pursuing a B.S. degree in a nuclear science, nuclear engineering, or an engineering or science discipline that is directly related to the nuclear field.
Previous winners of the award include:
- 2011 - Mr. Dillon Inabinett (University of South Carolina)
- 2010 - Ms. Candice Hampton (South Carolina State University)
- 2010 - Mr. Ryan Harris (Clemson University)
- 2009 - Mr. Rea Cauthen (Clemson University)
- 2008 - Mr. Andrew Petrarca (University of South Carolina)
- 2007 - Mr. Matthew Presson (University of South Carolina)
- 2006 - Ms. Emily Colvin (Georgia Tech)
- 2005 - Mr. James Weathers (Georgia Tech)
- 2004 - Mrs. Kara Beharry (South Carolina State)
- 2003 - Mr. Christopher J. Fong, Atlanta GA (Georgia Tech)
Return to Robert Maher Scholarship Main Page
Return to 2012 Teller Lecture Page
Return to Main Teller Lecture Page
Questions, Comments, Concerns about our Website?